Returns & Exchanges
Extended Return Policy
Gifting season is around the corner! We have extended our returns period for in-store and online purchases.
- Online Purchases: Purchases made between October 24, 2021 and January 1, 2022 may be returned by mail for refund or merchandise credit or exchanged or returned at any Michael Kors retail location up to January 31, 2022.
- In-Store Purchases: Purchases made between October 24, 2021 and January 1, 2022 may be exchanged or returned through January 31, 2021 at any Michael Kors retail location. Please note that in-store purchases cannot be returned by mail.
All returned items must continue to meet all other existing returns acceptance criteria set out below. All purchases outside of this window are subject to our standard return policy.
If you are not satisfied with your order for any reason, we will accept the return of items that are in new, unused condition, with original tags attached and all original packaging and other components included, when accompanied by an original Michael Kors receipt/invoice or gift receipt.
Returned items must not be washed, worn or altered. We do not accept returns of swimwear, underwear, custom-made, face masks, engraved, or personalized items or Clearance items.
Credit for your returned item(s) will be refunded back to your account in the same form of payment used to purchase the item(s). The credit should appear on your next statement. You should receive an email confirming the completion of return processing.
You have two options for returning/exchanging merchandise purchased online: by mail or in store. All returns of online orders, whether by mail or in store, must be returned within 30 days from the day the order was shipped.
Option 1: By Mail
Exchanges cannot be faciliated by mail. To return or exchange by mail, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the required information on the packing slip included with your package.
- Securely pack your merchandise, making sure to include all pages of the packing slip. Please try to use the original shipping box and materials.
- Affix the pre-addressed and pre-paid return label to your return package.
- For purchases made on michaelkors.com, mail your return package at any US Postal Service office, drop box, residential mailbox, or visit USPS.com to schedule a free pick up. For purchases made on michaelkors.ca, mail your return package with its pre-paid return label at any Canada Post location.
- For items that were bought online and picked up in a store, please email our Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org (for the U.S.) or email@example.com (for Canada) to obtain a prepaid shipping label.
- Eligible merchandise purchased on MichaelKors.com and MichaelKors.ca using PayPal may be returned to MichaelKors.com and MichaelKors.ca for a refund to the purchasing PayPal account only, no exchanges.
- Eligible merchandise purchased on MichaelKors.ca using Afterpay cannot be returned in-store and must follow the returns by mail option.
Option 2: In Store You can return/exchange items purchased at MichaelKors.com in any Michael Kors Store located in the United States. You can return/exchange items purchased at MichaelKors.ca in any Michael Kors Store located in Canada. You will need to present your packing slip at the time of the return. All exchanges of online orders must occur within 30 days from the day the order was shipped. Exchanges in store are subject to inventory availability in the store you visit.
Returning a Gift Purchased Online:
Gifts purchased online can be returned by mail or returned or exchanged in store when accompanied by the gift receipt or original packing slip. To return a gift purchased online by mail, please email a customer service representative to obtain a prepaid shipping label at firstname.lastname@example.org (for the US) or email@example.com (for Canada). For merchandise returned with a gift receipt only, you will receive a merchandise credit that will be issued in the form of a Michael Kors E-Gift Card (if you return by mail) or a Michael Kors Gift Card (if you return in store).
If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, Michael Kors will accept the item(s) for full refund or exchange within 30 days of original purchase.
Merchandise eligible for return or exchange must be:
- New, unused, unwashed and in good condition;
- Inclusive of all original hangtags, packaging, and components at the time of return or exchange; and
- Accompanied by an original receipt or gift receipt.
Return and Exchange Restrictions:
- Items purchased in a Michael Kors US Store cannot be returned to a Michael Kors Canada Store
- Items purchased in a Michael Kors Canada Store cannot be returned to a Michael Kors US Store
- Items purchased in a Lifestyle Store cannot be returned to an Outlet Store or Collection Store
- Items purchased in an Outlet Store cannot be returned to a Lifestyle or Collection Store
- Items purchased in a Collection Store cannot be returned to an Outlet Store or Lifestyle Store
- Price adjustments (which are not permitted in Outlet Stores) and refunds will be issued in the original tender of the purchase, except cash and check refunds will be issued by mail check
- Eligible merchandise purchased on MichaelKors.com and MichaelKors.ca using PayPal or in-store purchases using AliPay may be returned in-store for a Merchandise Credit only
- For merchandise purchase in-store using Afterpay (US only): If the merchandise is eligible for refund, Afterpay will be notified of your return and will process the appropriate refunds. If return is not accompanied by a receipt, refund will be placed on a Michael Kors gift card and customer will be responsible for the bi-weekly payments to Afterpay.
- Merchandise accompanied by a Gift Receipt may be exchanged or returned in store for Merchandise Credit only
- Michael Kors does not accept returns or exchanges for merchandise purchased from other retailers
- Merchandise not accompanied by an original receipt or gift receipt may be returned for a merchandise credit or exchanged for the value of the item’s then-current in-store selling price. Un-receipted returns and exchanges are limited to current merchandise available in the store you visit.
Michael Kors Lifestyle and Collection Stores offer a one-time price adjustment on full-price merchandise within 7 days of the date of purchase. Marked down and sale merchandise are not eligible for any price adjustment. No price adjustments in Outlet stores.
Gift Cards and Merchandise Credits are non-returnable, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and cannot be redeemed for cash, except as required by law.
Monogramming and Engraving:
Returns and Exchange: Monogrammed, engraved, and personalized items are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged. Note that cleaning products should not be used on top of the monogramming.
Monogram and Engraving Shipping and Delivery: Your entire order will ship once the monogrammed item(s) are complete. Please allow approximately an additional 1-2 business days for delivery of all monogrammed and personalized orders. Monogrammed and personalized items ship separately from other items in orders, and are eligible for standard ground shipping only.
Monogramming or engraving after receiving item/submitting order: Unfortunately, it is not possible to request monogramming or engraving for your item after the order has been placed or after you have received your product. We ask that all monogramming or engraving requests be submitted at the time of ordering.
Final Sale Items:
All personalized merchandise, swimwear, undergarments, face masks, engraved and monogrammed items, and Clearance items are FINAL SALE and are not eligible for return or exchange.
3rd Party Apps:
If you purchased from a 3rd Party app, please mail merchandise back to return location for a refund to your original form of payment. Returns in-store will result in a merchandise credit - no exchanges or refunds.
Michael Kors reserves the right to modify its return and exchange policy at any time.
Last Updated: October 26, 2021