Warranty and Repair
For full support details, frequently asked questions, and product quick start guide, please visit: michaelkors.com/access/support
Fossil Group, Inc. Headquarters:
901 S Central Expressway
Richardson, Texas 75080
United States of America
European Authorized Representative:
Fossil Europe B.V.
7005 BD Doetinchem
Fossil Switzerland GmbH
Horburgstrasse 105, 4057 Basel
Standard Limited Warranty
What is covered and for how long?
Fossil Group, Inc. ("Michael Kors") warrants that this Michael Kors product and accessories included in the packaging with the product (the "Product") are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for the period commencing upon the date of purchase and continuing for two years.
What is not covered?
Uninterrupted or Error-Free. Michael Kors does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. Michael Kors is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the Product's use.
Normal Wear and Tear. Periodic maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear are excluded from coverage.
Case and Crystal (if applicable). Michael Kors does not warrant cases or crystals.
Bracelet. Michael Kors does not warrant bracelets or straps.
Abuse & Misuse. Defects or damages that result from:
- Improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, such as physical damage (cracks or scratches, etc.) to the surface of the Product resulting from misuse;
- Contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat, or food;
- Use of the Product for commercial purposes or subjecting the Product to abnormal usage or conditions; or
- Other acts which are not the fault of Michael Kors, are excluded from coverage.
Use of Non-Michael Kors Products. Defects or damage that result from the use of non-Michael Kors branded or certified products, accessories or software or other peripheral equipment are excluded from coverage.
Altered Products. Product with:
- Serial numbers or production date codes or other tracking marks that have been removed, altered or obliterated;
- Broken seals or that show evidence of tampering or access by non-authorized dealers or repair centers; are excluded from coverage.
Products from Unauthorized Sellers. Products that are not purchased from an authorized Michael Kors retailer are excluded from coverage.
Communications Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of Products due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the Products is excluded from coverage.
What are Michael Kors' obligations?
During the applicable warranty period, provided the Product is sent in for service in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty, Michael Kors will repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of the Product, at Michael Kors' sole option, without charge. Michael Kors may, at its sole option, use rebuilt, reconditioned, or new parts or components when repairing any Product, or may replace the Product with a rebuilt, reconditioned or new Product. All replaced Products will be warranted for a period equal to the remainder of the original Limited Warranty on the original Product or for ninety (90) days, whichever is longer. All replaced Products, parts, components, boards and equipment shall become the property of Michael Kors. Except to the extent expressly allowed by applicable law, transfer or assignment of this Limited Warranty is prohibited.
What must you do to obtain warranty service?
To obtain service under this Limited Warranty, you must return the Product to an authorized service facility in an adequate container for shipping, accompanied by the sales receipt or comparable proof of sale showing the original date of purchase, the serial number of the Product and the seller's name and address. If Michael Kors determines that any Product is not covered by this Limited Warranty, you must pay for all parts, shipping, and labor charges for the repair or return of such Product.
To find the nearest authorized international service center, please visit michaelkors.com/access/support.
No data, software or applications added to your Product will be reinstalled. You should keep a separate backup copy of any contents of the Product before delivering the Product to Michael Kors for warranty service, as some or all of the contents may be deleted or reformatted during the warranty service.
What are the limits on Michael Kors' liability?
THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, TERMS OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AS TO ANY MATTER WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED BY MICHAEL KORS. MICHAEL KORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OR USE OF THIS PRODUCT, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, EVEN IF MICHAEL KORS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY SPECIFIED HEREIN IS DEEMED TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. MICHAEL KORS' ENTIRE LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OR RETURN OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID, AT MICHAEL KORS' SOLE OPTION.
SOME COUNTRIES, STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY BE LIMITED IN THEIR APPLICATION TO YOU. WHEN IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT BE EXCLUDED IN THEIR ENTIRETY, THEY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE APPLICABLE WRITTEN LIMITED WARRANTY. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE LOCAL LAW. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
MICHAEL KORS MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AS TO THE QUALITY, CAPABILITIES, OPERATIONS, PERFORMANCE OR SUITABILITY OF ANY THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PRODUCT, OR THE ABILITY TO INTEGRATE ANY SUCH SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT WITH THE PRODUCT, WHETHER SUCH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT IS INCLUDED WITH THE PRODUCT OR DISTRIBUTED BY MICHAEL KORS OR OTHERWISE. RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE QUALITY, CAPABILITIES, OPERATIONS, PERFORMANCE AND SUITABILITY OF ANY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT RESTS SOLELY WITH THE USER AND THE DIRECT VENDOR, OWNER OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE OR EQUIPMENT.
Nothing in the Product instructions or information shall be construed to create an express warranty of any kind with respect to the Products. No agent, employee, dealer, representative or reseller is authorized to modify or extend this Limited Warranty or to make binding representations or claims, whether in advertising, presentations or otherwise, on behalf of Michael Kors regarding the Products or this Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or country to country.
FOR AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMERS:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Modification of Software
MICHAEL KORS IS NOT LIABLE FOR PERFORMANCE ISSUES OR INCOMPATIBILITIES CAUSED BY YOUR EDITING OF REGISTRY SETTINGS, OR YOUR MODIFICATION OF OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE. USING CUSTOM OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE MAY CAUSE YOUR PRODUCT TO WORK IMPROPERLY.
Charging Dock Operation (For products that come with a charging dock only)
The charging dock is designed for tabletop use. To be compliant with RF exposure guidelines and to avoid interference with implanted medical devices, maintain a distance of at least 15 centimeters (approximately 6 inches) from the charging dock.
Important Safety Instructions
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not attempt to open, disassemble or tamper with the Product. Substances contained in this Product and/or its battery may damage the environment and/or human health if handled and disposed of improperly.
- Do not use the Product in circumstances that could cause a dangerous situation, such as using the Product while operating heavy machinery or driving a moving vehicle in a manner that might cause you to take your eyes off the road or become so absorbed in the activity that your ability to concentrate on the act of driving becomes impaired.
- (If applicable) Do not wear or clean your Product while you are charging it. Always unplug the charger first before cleaning the Product.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners to clean your Product.
- Do not place your Product in a dishwasher, washing machine, microwave oven, oven or dryer.
- Do not expose your Product to extremely high or low temperatures.
- Do not use your Product in a sauna or steam room.
- Do not expose your Product to water at high pressure, such as ocean waves or a waterfall.
- Do not leave your Product in direct sunlight for an extended period of time.
- Do not leave or use your Product near open flames.
- Never allow children to play with the product; the small components may be a choking hazard!
- The Product is not intended for use where the failure of the Product could lead to death, personal injury, or severe environmental damage.
Built-in battery precautions (For products that come with a charging dock only)
- Do not dispose of your Product in a fire. The battery could explode.
- Do not attempt to replace your Product's battery. It is built-in and not changeable. The battery should be serviced only by Michael Kors authorized service centers.
- Charge the battery in accordance with the instructions.
- Recharge your battery only with Michael Kors-approved chargers that are specifically designed for your Product.
- Do not attempt to force open the built-in battery.
- Your Product uses a California Energy Commission battery charger.
- Batteries (and all electronic equipment) must be recycled or disposed of separately from household waste.
WARNING! Use of non-Michael Kors approved battery or charger may present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage or other hazard. Michael Kors' warranty does not cover damage to the device caused by non-Michael Kors approved batteries and/or chargers.
WARNING! Certain items are fitted with lithium batteries that may contain perchlorate material – special handling may apply. See www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate for more information.
All Intellectual Property, as defined below, owned by or which is otherwise the property of Michael Kors or its respective suppliers relating to this product, including but not limited to, accessories, parts, or software relating there to (the "Product System"), is proprietary to Michael Kors or its licensors and protected under Federal laws, state laws, and international treaty provisions. Intellectual Property includes, but is not limited to, inventions (patentable or unpatentatble), patents, trade secrets, copyrights, software, computer programs, and related documentation and other works of authorship. You may not infringe or otherwise violate the rights secured by the Intellectual Property. Moreover, you agree that you will not (and will not attempt to) modify, prepare derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to create source code from the software. No title to or ownership in the Intellectual Property is transferred to you. All applicable rights of the Intellectual Property shall remain with Michael Kors and its licensors and suppliers.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING WHEN USING MICHAEL KORS DISPLAY /TOUCH-SCREEN DEVICES
WARNING REGARDING DISPLAY
The display on your device is made of glass or acrylic and could break if your device is dropped or if it receives significant impact. Do not use if screen is broken or cracked as this could cause injury to you.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER: PROPER USE OF A TOUCH-SCREEN DEVICE.
If your device has a touch-screen display, please note that a touch-screen responds best to a light touch from the pad of your finger or a non-metallic stylus. Using excessive force or a metallic object when pressing on the touch screen may damage the tempered glass surface and void the warranty. For more information, please refer to the "Standard Limited Warranty."
IMPORTANT! Do not allow the touch-screen to come into contact with other electrical devices. Electrostatic discharges can cause the touch screen to malfunction.
CAUTION! To avoid damaging the touch screen, do not tap it with anything sharp or apply excessive pressure to it with your fingertips.
For a full list of available service centers, please visit: michaelkors.com/access/support